Monday, July 20, 2009

Wonderful Weekend




What a wonderful weekend it has been. The weather has been absolutely beautiful. It was the perfect weather for getting outdoors, and I did a lot of that this weekend. Hubby and I went fishing Friday night while the kids stayed with grandparents. There was no one else at the lake, so we had it all to ourselves. It was so quiet and peaceful. And to top things off, the fish were biting. We caught enough fish to stock the freezer with dinner. Hubby even caught a nice catfish. For those who care, it was 32 inches long and weighed about 13 lbs. Since the kids spent the night elsewhere, I actually got to sleep in Saturday morning. In fact, I pretty much slept through the whole morning. It was so nice.



We had such a good time fishing that we went back the next night with the kids. Daughter used her little Disney Princess pole and did better than I did (but she had help). Hubby would cast and hook the fish while Daughter reeled them in. She really enjoyed herself and loved seeing each fish she brought in. She loves fish. This weekend, she got her first pet fish. It’s a little calico goldfish that she calls Polkadot. In addition to fishing, I got to do some hiking this weekend. It felt great to walk with Hubby. I love the great outdoors and it has been hard to find the time to really get out. I used to do a lot of hiking and I realize now how much I have missed it. I am going to try to find the time to hike at least once a week. I know that I will have to take the kids with me most of the time, and that means short, easy walks. The important thing is just to get out of the house. My children love nature and being outdoors just as much as I do. I want to give them as many wonderful experiences with nature as possible. It is a beautiful gift given to us by God. I think we all need to take the time to enjoy it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment