Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Shack

If you haven’t already read the book The Shack, I highly recommend that you do. I stayed up late last night because I just had to finish reading it. It is one of the best books that I have read. The Shack is an emotional roller coaster, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It made me cry, laugh, and ask questions of myself. I have always liked Hinds Feet on High Places as a spiritually uplifting book. The Shack is now ranked above that in my mind. I love the way the Holy Trinity is represented and the way God is so personable. It is easy to relate to God in such a manner. The book goes beyond the question of who is God, but looks more at what is God. God is love. God created out of love. This book as opened me to a new level of relationship with God. One in which I can continue to grow more freely without being burden by obligations or expectations. The Shack also addresses the confusion associated with the idea of the Three in One. I have a deeper understanding of who God is and how God works. I also have a deeper understanding of who I was created to be. I am envious of the character Mack and his face-to-face encounter with God. If only we could all have such a tangible experience. But I do believe that God is always with us and we can always talk to Him. I also believe that God talks back, but we have to listen. So, if you question who is God or if there is a God; if you question why evil exists and why bad things happen to good people; if you are stuck in a spiritual rut; or if you simply want a good read… then I recommend The Shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment