Wednesday, July 15, 2009

God did not make me an octopus...

Nor am I a good juggler. I can handle one ball, and sometimes two. Life has an infinite number of balls.

Right now I feel like my life is chaotic. I’ve enjoyed some time camping with my family, only to come home and go to the emergency room because Daughter smashed her finger in the recliner. Fortunately, it wasn’t broken. A friend passed away just before my family left for our camping trip. So in between swimming and campfires, I was searching for a cell phone signal to call and get updates on his family. (I know it seems contradictory to take a cell phone camping. Did I mention we use the modern campground with electric and running water?) I attended his funeral this past week. Our friend left behind 4 children, and my heart breaks for them. In an attempt to bring a small smile to them, I made special sugar cookies decorated like ocean animals and mermaids. I enjoy making these kinds of cookies, but it is time consuming. At the same time, I am making cake decorations for my niece and nephew. My niece has been telling her mother for the past year that I am making her a Tinkerbell cake for her birthday. I just couldn’t disappoint her. By the way, these cake decorations have to travel to another state. I also have to wrap and send their gifts too. Oh, and a family from a former church just had a baby, so that was another gift I had to get wrapped and ready to go. I’m also trying to find some work to earn a little income. I would love to find something that lets me work from home. On top of that is the usual day-to-day routine. Needless to say, I’m tired. But I’m not complaining. Okay, so I am complaining a little. I inherited a trait from mother for taking on too much. She is the woman who volunteers for everything and never says “no” when asked. She was always involved in PTA and church groups and any other activities that her kids were in. Even though all her children are grown and on their own, she is still very involved in church groups and with her grandkids. If I’m going to turn into my mother someday, at least I have a good one to become. She is a much better multi-tasker than I am. Or at least she made it seem easy. She was the mom who worked, volunteered, and still had a home cooked dinner on the table almost every night. I cook on a slow day and make enough for leftovers. Otherwise, we eat a lot of things that can be microwaved. I need to work on that. I need to work on a lot of things. I was reading Proverbs 31 the other day. It contains the description of a Woman of Noble Character. It is a lot to live up to. However, I am going to make it my personal goal to at least try. I better start with baby steps. I will shuffle my way along to not complaining about being busy. After all, a busy life is a full life… so they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment