Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Where does the time go?

I really don't have much to say today. I haven't really had much to say for a while. I have been busy with the usual mommy stuff. Laundry and dishes and picking up toys. It seems like there is some place we have to be every day. Even the short trips are starting to wear on me. I will kind of be glad when summer is over and the world goes back to routine (well, for those with school age children). Daughter will be starting preschool next week. She is looking forward to it and so am I. I think she will have a lot of fun and make some good friends. I look forward to watching her learn. She is a little sponge, soaking up everything around her.

This week will continue to be busy. I am preparing for Son's first birthday. I can't believe it is here already. My son will turn one and my daughter will start preschool in the same week. Where does the time go? You must enter into some sort of warp speed universe when you have kids. Everyone tells you how fast the kids grow. But you can't appreciate what they mean until you experience it first hand. I still see the little baby I brought home from the hospital each time I look at my children. I wonder if all mothers do. Does my mom still see me that way even though I am an adult? I am beginning to understand why some children will always be their mama's baby.