Wednesday, August 5, 2009

And she goes on...

Daughter has become an endless source of chatter. The talking is non-stop. When she isn't telling me something, she is asking twenty million questions. And between all that, she is singing or yelling or making some sort of noise. I love my little girl and I love our conversations, but something has got to give. Some nights, she even talks in her sleep. It is hard for Hubby and I to have a conversation because she is constantly talking to us. When I try to talk to Hubby, she tells me to stop because she is talking to him. The first time or two it was kind of funny. Not so much anymore. I am glad that my child is so full of life and that she has so much to say. But sometimes I wish she would keep some of it to herself. I know there will come a day when she doesn't tell me every little thing. Of course, that will be when I want her to talk to me all the time. She is like the Jabberwock. A lot of what she talks about is nonsense (at least to me). Even now, as she is eating a cookie, she is still humming as she goes. I really don't think she knows how to be quiet. God bless my little chatterbox (and I really need to invest in some ear plugs).