Thursday, July 22, 2010

I won't even comment on how long it has been since my last post. Obviously, I am not that good of a multitasker. Life has taken me hostage. My kids are growing too fast and I just can't keep up with everything that needs to get done or anything that I want to get done. Well, that's not entirely true. Some things do get done.

Since it is summer, we have been doing all the usual summer activities such as camping and swimming. It's too hot most afternoons to be outside much, which means the kids get restless and mommy gets a little crazy. Hubby and I have introduced the kids to another joy of living in the country: Toad Hunting. We don't actually hunt toads, but they are plentiful in the evenings and Daughter loves to catch them. When she finds one, she grabs it and sits down with the field guide to determine what species of toad she has found. I love seeing my 4 year old excited nature.

The wild blackberries are starting to ripen and we have taken a couple of family expeditions into the woods for picking. Of course, Son is not quite old enough to do much but enjoy the outdoors. Daughter is pretty good at picking as long as she doesn't prick herself on a thorn (that's usually when we have to call it quits due to the crying). I am hoping to get enough this summer for canning. I have a blackberry jelly recipe that I would like to try.

Summer has also been a season for babies. I have several friends that have recently become new parents and a few more that will be before summer is over. I have been working on some baby gifts when time permits. I am trying my hand at making some of my own designs and patterns. Maybe this could turn into a money-making venture.

Well, I believe nap time is calling (at least for me anyway).